Friday, July 1, 2016

Will events eclipse a work in progress?

Every day, I ask myself if the daily political news will eclipse the content of a book that I have been writing for the past five years? How to Select an American President (c) 2016 All Rights Reserved is an initiative to help voters, politicians, and their parties to improve their process and performance in selecting and electing candidates to public office. The title refers to "President," yet the conclusion is that the process for evaluating elected officials can be universally improved and shared.

Still, when and how should I wrap up the book? One of my thoughtful readers advises almost daily that we still are uncertain about which candidates will appear on the ballot in November. While the presumptive nominees are Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, actions can happen that can halt that outcome in its tracks.

An indictment by the FBI for the slightest infraction by Hillary Clinton in the email scandal can sink her opportunity.

A recalcitrant resurgent Republican establishment can yank Donald Trump from its membership and candidacy.

What would be next? Probably, the Democrats would select Elizabeth Warren or even Bernie Sanders. Maybe the Republicans would fall back on Mitt Romney if he doesn't feel too abused.

The actual outcome has little to do with the original content of my book as it attempts to leap ahead to a better way forward than that in which we are trapped for the moment.

The answer is that the book has guidance for the future. The blog engages related topics. Facebook highlights the subjects and invites the audience to discuss the issues.


When I am not writing, I am hiking...


Or, I am painting



1 comment: