Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Progressive Insurrectionist

Americans today are ostensibly divided into different camps. There are different ways to define and segregate the audiences. While I consider the marketing plan for my new book, How to Select an American President by James George with James Rodger (c) 2017, Archway Publishing, it is necessary to gain understanding about who will be most inclined to read it.

I wrote the book as objectively as I could. However, I am a progressive liberal by known definitions.

Author, David Sirota wrote in the Huffington Post saying that being progressive and being liberal are two different things.
"The answer, in my opinion, is no - there is a fundamental difference when it comes to core economic issues. It seems to me that traditional “liberals” in our current parlance are those who focus on using taxpayer money to help better society. A “progressive” are those who focus on using government power to make large institutions play by a set of rules." 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-sirota/whats-the-difference-betw_b_9140.html
Following that distinction, yes, I believe that investing taxpayer money to improve society is acceptable to some extent. I also believe that government must regulate society to ensure that public and private corporations operate by the rule of law and abide by legislated rules.

Therefore, I wrote my book for people who are aligned with those ideas.

Who are they?

Most likely, my audience includes everyone who voted for Hillary Clinton for President and those who are progressive insurrectionists. It could also include conservative insurrectionists to the extent that both want to address the need for changes and improvements in the American Political System. Everything is on the table from fixing parts of it to defenestration.

Using the word "insurrection." is halting because the definition includes a range of possibilities: rebellion, revolt, uprising, mutiny, revolution, insurgency, riot, sedition, and subversion. To be clear, I believe that citizens have every right to criticize and pushback against the major political parties. Both the Democratic and Republican Parties have failed to perform acceptably to produce superior candidates for President. Furthermore, there is a systemic flaw common to both sides about how parties and their constituents evaluate all candidates for elected offices.

As an author and independent journalist, I am not attacking my government or seeking to subvert or overthrow it, not even close. My focus is on the performance of political parties and the behavior of citizen voters where it is essential to make improvements in the process and to develop new standards for acceptable operation.



No comments:

Post a Comment