"We have to have our Republicans either stick together or let me just do it by myself. I'll do very well. I'm going to do very well. OK? I'm going to do very well. A lot of people thought I should do that anyway, but I'll just do it very nicely by myself," Trump said, though he did not elaborate on what doing it "by myself" would mean.
In my book, How to Select an American President (c) 2016 All Rights Reserved, I address the importance of allegiance. A presidential candidate must demonstrate allegiance to the nation. What are some of the sources and evidence of that?
- Having served in the U.S. military
- Having served in a government capacity with your life on the line
- Having paid your fair share of taxes
- Having been a loyal spouse
- Being loyal to your political party and aligned with its platform
- Being loyal to your constituents
When working for PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PWC) as a consultant, the organization emphasized the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and consensus building. It underlined the value of diversity and the importance of participation with different viewpoints.
In an organization of the style of Trump, those qualities are not present.
Image from Politico