Generalities, bigotry, accusations, and undefined solutions don't cut it, Mr. Trump. Specifically, what are your solutions to preventing and protecting Americans from attacks on home soil?
"'I happen to think that he just doesn't know what he's doing, but there are many people that think maybe he doesn't want to get it, he doesn't want to see what's really happening,' Trump said.
Trump has repeatedly blasted Obama's handling of terrorism, and in February accused the president of apologizing to Muslims after the president visited a mosque to combat rhetoric against Muslim-Americans."
Trump's campaign rhetoric continues to ring hollow and incomplete.
Trump on "Homeland Security":
- "I don't want to be politically correct: Islam hates us. (Mar 2016)
- Snowden was a spy; if Russia respected us, they'd deport him. (Mar 2016)
- Charge rich countries like Germany more to defend them. (Feb 2016)
- How did W keep us safe? WTC came down during his watch. (Feb 2016)
- Bring back waterboarding and a hell of a lot worse. (Feb 2016)
- 9/11 was horrific, but New York handled it beautifully. (Jan 2016)
- Benghazi was a disaster; Gadhafi couldn't have been worse. (Dec 2015)
- People saw New Jersey Muslims celebrating after 9/11. (Nov 2015)
- Bring back waterboarding and other interrogation methods. (Nov 2015)
- Surveil mosques but don't close mosques. (Nov 2015)
- New Jersey Muslims cheered on 9/11. (Nov 2015)
- We worry about Iranian nukes but why not North Korean nukes? (Nov 2015)
- We have a problem with radical Muslims. (Sep 2015)
- Fix veteran's hospitals, and pay private doctors for them. (Sep 2015)
- Enhanced interrogation a non-issue, compared to terrorism. (Aug 2015)
- 1964: Deferred Vietnam draft for four years while in college. (Jul 2015)
- 1968: Classified 1-Y, medically disqualified for Vietnam. (Jul 2015)
- Our nuclear arsenal doesn't work; it's 30 years old. (Jun 2015)
- Increased Veterans Day parade audience from 100 to 1 million. (Jun 2015)
- Defeat ISIS and stop Islamic terrorists. (Jan 2015)
- American interests come first; no apologies. (Dec 2011)
- All freedoms flow from national security. (Dec 2011)
- Business students should read Sun Tzu's "The Art of War". (Apr 2010)
- 3% of GNP for military is too low. (Jul 2000)
- Missile defense is inappropriate; focus on terrorism. (Jul 2000)
- Prepare for bio-terrorism attack. (Jul 2000)"
Photo from Mother Jones