As for Congress, it is imperative that voters elect qualified members of the House and Senate who are committed to supporting the leadership and direction of the President. If the choice for President is Mrs. Clinton, then, voters must produce a Congress that will render bipartisan support. If congressional candidates indicate that they will oppose the democratically elected President, then they should not be elected to office. The reason being that Congress will continue to perform with dysfunction in the absence of cohesive and supportive members.
Of the choices before the nation today, Democrats offer a more functioning alternative than do Republicans.
It can be argued that both parties have failed to produce the best possible candidates. However, Americans need continuity in governance and higher functionality. The best choice is Democrat.
Needed are representatives who are committed to the work of the people.
Michael Mann is an entrepreneur and instigator behind an initiative called the Better Government Party. The third-party may never take off, but the list of their ambitions and ideas is worthy of consideration.
Better Government Party is formed with independent consensus builders and Libertarians, with disenfranchised Republicans and Democrats adopted from congress.
It is a coalition meant to overthrow status quo of corruption, waste, and ineffectiveness.
- Agrees to forget past political differences
- Fiercely anti government corruption
- Believes in healthcare for all US citizens
- Believes in the best education for all US citizens
- Believes in very strong environmental protection
- Believes in an extremely simplistic tax structure like a flat tax or value added tax
- Believes in free market economics
- Believes in promoting pure American ideals globally – like human rights, political freedom, free speech, and environmentalism
- Better Government Party believes in more and better intelligence infrastructure and more special forces, with less overt warfare
- Better Government Party is fiercely antiterrorism (defined as any person or group who would support the death of noncombatant innocents – ie affiliated with any suicide bombing group for example – or most groups that define themselves as “jihadists”, “white supremacists”, “skinheads”, “racists”, etc.)
- Better Government Party is highly Internet centric.
- Believes in electronic government
- Real time participatory community
- Believes in propping up the poorest and weakest citizens
- Believes government should promote nonprofit work and volunteerism
- Does not believe in subsidies for special interest groups – other than considerations for charities helping the sick and poor, those which government has failed to provide
- Believes in advancement only by merit
- Does not believe in “pork” or “horsetrading”
- Does not believe in educational quotas, affirmative action, or the 8a program
- Believes in transparency in government
- Embraces all relevant technology to evolve the political model
- Believes in a line item veto
- Does not believe in a nonmarket minimum wage
- Believes in job training not welfare
- Believes in teaching people to fish but not fishing for them, and believes the government should do same
- Believes in fair trade
- Believes in much higher standards for the press
- Believes in much higher standards for Hollywood
- Believes low taxes are good for rich and poor alike by encouraging additional investment of capital that will cycle through the economy – enhancing opportunity for all and perpetually raising the GDP, whereas raising taxes generally has the opposite effect
- Believes in facts and statistics as opposed to political rhetoric
- Believes teachers should be paid more than politicians or businesspeople if they live up to the highest standards
- Believes companies who hire illegal aliens should be prosecuted for illegally harming the earnings power and security of American families
- Better Government Party represents only common people; corporate interests just to the extent they reflect the interests of common people
- All members stick to strict ethical guidelines as rolemodels and representatives of the common people
- Concerned about the opinions of the average American taxpayers and encourages real time townhall and online townhall feedback.
- The key is that Better Government Party constituency is Americans whose opinions count, and they are paying their fair share to support the success of the union.
- The opinions of companies, lobbyists, and foreign countries or citizens do not count except to the extent it happens to align with the interests of average Americans.
- Believes in “legal” immigration exclusively, for that matter everything else qualified as “legal” and nothing else “illegal” – do not support or condone the anarchy of illegal immigration
- Believe immigration problems can be solved with government process reform (fix INS and ICE) and passage of new laws that enable more legal immigration and deal with existing illegals
- Better Government Party specifically works against the interests of groups they identify as rich corrupt industries and lobbyists. While tobacco, alcohol, Hollywood, gun dealers, etc. may have legal products there is certainly nothing illegal about working against their interests in congress and in promotional arenas as First Amendment expression on behalf of the interests of common Americans
- Better Government Party believes in international coalition building and evolving crosscultural communications