Friday, January 14, 2022

A Political Rock and a Hard Place

Today, I saw an old geezer who wore a "Veteran for Trump" baseball cap. I had terrible thoughts of aggression toward him, so I avoided contact throughout the store. I am a veteran, except I would never trade my allegiance to my democratic nation for loyalty to an authoritarian who led an insurrection and sought to suppress votes. That is unacceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

During the Covid Omicron epidemic in our community, I wore a mask. He didn't. That figures. He is obstinate and disrespectful, a fraudulent patriot. I am not.

I want to see a Republican Party that regains its senses and compassion. I believe in prudent sustainable economics, and I think Republicans can contribute to that. However, as long as they are on the side of insurrection and anti-government, they don't deserve consideration.

I don't believe the Democratic Party is doing themselves a favor by hanging onto old-guard leadership. I am whispering to Democratic leaders that I know, pleading for them to ask Biden to forgo another term in office. I want a new team, and Cory Booker and Amy Klobuchar are good alternatives, among others.

It's past time for Americans to kick their ideological habits and align with putting America first.


Image Credit: https://www.vfai.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment