Saturday, April 13, 2024

Myths, the Human Frailty

 James George

Out of Bounds

13 April 2024



Myths, the Human Frailty 

Deficiency in Coping Behavior

I begin this series by titling it, ‘Out of Bounds,” and the reasons are multiple:

  1. I am not a clinical expert.
  2. Mythology involves beliefs in the supernatural.
  3. Historical facts support my theory that all religions are human fabrications.
  4. The propensity for human violence emanates from individual and institutional intolerance. 
  5. Ignorance is the root of human vulnerability. 


First, I may not be an expert, though I apply my intellect to try to understand. 


Second, I entertain various theories, yet truth comes from using the scientific method. 


Third, I detest religions because they and their followers are forever at the root of human violence.


 Fourth, intolerance is a two-edged sword: 1) myth-based intolerance and 2) fact-based intolerance. 


Fifth, society is doomed when people stop learning and applying their ability to think factually and truthfully. 


I will make the case.


The subtitle is ‘Deficiency in Coping Behavior,’ which means people tend to come up short in self-control where self-knowledge leads to self-control and self-control to self-respect. If you don’t respect yourself, then you can’t respect others. 


This series is the pursuit of understanding and increasing self-knowledge.





No comments:

Post a Comment