Monday, February 27, 2017

Just Friends

Friends believe that if they wait silently upon God, there will be times when God will speak to them in the heart. While waiting, I have been touched by the Spirit.

Friends are those who have a common affinity with values and beliefs. My first affinity is with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. My next affinity is with the Bill of Rights and the U.S. Constititurion. On the latter, I have some caveats.

My station in life is in the broader context. I am first a human member of the planet Earth. I am a legal citizen of the United States of America. I believe that all citizens must devote time and energy to sustaining their status as citizens. They must vote and engage their communities.

My friends are those who love and respect their fellow human beings as equals. They do not discriminate. They do not bully.

My friends respect the value of striving for self-sustainment and sustaining the larger family that they might create. If they or others fall short of that goal, then everyone has an obligation to help them get on track. If that is impossible, then everyone is responsible for ensuring fellow beings of never having to live in poverty.

That is very simple, as it should be. Any questions?


I love my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment