Saturday, October 29, 2022

I Have No Money for Politicians

A long time ago, it dawned on me that politicians want more than my vote. They want a piece of me--my wallet, my money.

Years ago, I made small contributions to my elected representatives, though I decided that my family needed all my money. I am not a wealthy person, and I stopped giving, except for an occasional lapse in better judgment.

Yes, it costs money to run for elected office. My grandfather didn't have any money when he ran for county sheriff. He won the election because people in the community knew him to be fair, honest, and caring. He defeated an incumbent who was better financed though estranged from the people he served.

My vote is worth something. You get that free from me; I only care about your resume and character.




No comments:

Post a Comment