Saturday, January 30, 2021

Conversation with a Conservative

 "You accuse me of things because I am a Republican. You are pious and wash me with everything you say is bad about it," said a conservative.


I responded, "There are standards for being right and wrong. When a political party embraces members and leaders whose actions, deeds, and behavior are offensive and run counter to the rule of law and human values, then I draw the line. Among the standards are the US Consitution, The Bill of Rights, and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights."


He choked on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights that I believe is the highest umbrella and standard governing our planet's citizens.


If you cloak yourself in Trump, and that is your Republican garb, then you are embracing wrongs that deeply hurt my fellow citizens. I am at war with that behavior. I am without compromise. 



Wrap yourself in this, and it won't wash off.



No comments:

Post a Comment