Thursday, January 21, 2021

Hung Over

I am not a big drinker of spirits (anymore), yet today, I awoke to a hangover feeling. I watched all the Biden Innaugural news and programming that I could handle.

Biden's getting down to business with the executive orders, rescinding much of Trump's harsh and ineffective legacy hit the spot. Addressing Trump's fraudulent and irresponsible Covid response is the correct priority. The situation is much worse than it appears because of Trump's lies and his executive's incompetence, including Pence, the vaccine program fails at present.

Biden swore in 1,000 new staffers and encouraged them to get to work.

Vice President Harris did a terrific job of keeping the day's event moving along well into the night. When I was in my PJs, Biden was still buttoned up.

We all watched extraordinary celebrity performances. Then came the fireworks, and I commented to Maureen, "Are they trying to blow up the Washington Monument?"

I am a political junkie. I remain on my self-appointed beat as a National Politics Examiner. I don't care one bit about what Trump is doing today, how many holes he gets in, or the amount of fast food he devours.

What I do care about is the status of prosecutions against Trump, criminal and civil.

He is being sued for slander and attacks on women. Those are significant cases that could require his presence in court. However, the impeachment trial by the Senate will be the watershed.

I don't know of enough Republican Senators will find the conscience to impeach Trump. I believe that the trial and the presentation of evidence will be compelling, and most Americans will want him to be convicted.

Some of the information from the Senate trial will cascade into a criminal prosecution, I anticipate.

I expect that the case against Trump may envelop or implicate claims against Senators Cruz and Hawling. How the Senate handles the Trump outcome will influence those situations.

The huge cases that I want to see are the expected financial fraud against Trump and his organization that also entrap his sons, daughter, and son-in-law. For the years of speculation and some dribbles of facts from Michael Cohen, I will be disappointed if the entire family isn't convicted with sentencing to prison.

I understand the necessity to let the cases proceed in some strategic fashion. Don't forget; there is a raft of States Attorney Generals ready to pounce.


Image: KSN-TV



No comments:

Post a Comment