Sunday, March 12, 2017

Time for Meditation and Thomas Paine

I watched a program on PBS tonight, you know, the channel that Donald Trump wants to go away? The program spoke about the "three-step" meditation process that traverses several layers of relaxation while taking the mind away from disturbing topics.

Being retired, I don't have to be concerned about my country. I don't have to worry that Congress will reduce of stop my Social Security checks. Congress won't mess with my Medicare. My supplemental premiums won't higher, correct?

The factual news tells me that I must worry about these things because Congress is on a mission to cut costs by cutting into my personal security. What that means is that I am at war, not with the government that I love, but with the administration and Congress that is in charge.

This week, I am going to make more time for personal meditation, art, and creative writing. That means that I will write only one story a day about government, and only when there is real news.

Real news includes specific actions by Congress and the President that hurt or endanger citizens. News includes timely deeds and accomplishments too. The big story will be when the regime starts to stumble into court to answer questions and charges about Emolument and Misprision violations. At that moment, the nation might recover from having fallen into the category of a failing democracy.


No comments:

Post a Comment